Anna&Devin´s Testimonials from the February 2016 Course

Posted On // Leave a Comment


How would you describe the course in one sentence?

“It´s an opportunity to take the step and make the choice of becoming stronger and more aware of your own individual abilities and get an understanding of ancestral ways and the modern day conditioning.” Devin

What was your biggest challenge?

“The sweat was strong I felt as if I couldn't breath but at the same time I did my best to remain calm by focusing on breathing slowly. There was a challenge going on inside of me, the sweat changed my bodily feelings and I felt as if needed to leave. The solution was to ask my self if this need was true or not? Or was it only the mind wanting to quit because the intesity of the enviroment was making my body suffer? In the end I completed the sweat without leaving, and was so glad to have found the will to accomplish such a difficult challange.” Anna

“I never felt forced or held against my will by staying in the sweatlodge all four doors, even though in my mind I wanted to escape. Donnie´s unique ability is that he shows you that you are here for your own good and this is what makes you turn your perception around by finding your own inner power and strength.” Devin

“It felt like I had a borderline exorcism in the final ceremony, it was a super strong medicine experience. It felt like with every song an animal was ripping me apart and in the end I died. After the ceremony I had to go back to the tipi and cry, I could still hear the songs and it felt as though they and I were still travelling. Fortunately this closing ceremony connected me to one particular song, and the blessing of this song is what healed me and my heart and allowed me to reclaim my thunder.” Devin

What was the thing that surprised you the most?

“How well I connected with Donnie and how comfortable it felt, like I had known him before…instant connection and it felt super right, which was unexpected.

Also the power of the tipi meeting was strong, I was impressed by the whole movement. It was full of details that revieled lessons that in turn changed my life for the better.” Devin

“I could hear the rambiling thoughts of others during the final ceremony and saw how these thoughts affected me and others, this made me aware of the importantce to cut off these distracting thoughts in order to remain in the prayer.” Anna

Would you recommend the course, and if so why would you recommend it?

“Yes totally, because Donnie is one of the few teachers still alive that has lived alongside of the older generation that had the knowledge preserved. He provides an accurate and as far as I can tell really authentic life of the medicine way and also the Native American understandings of life.”

Anything else you want to share:


A life restart: I gained a stronger knowing. Before in my life I was rarely sure of anything, but after all these experiences I realized my connection to these ways by how they touched my heart and made me aware of the values of life. They taught me how to be confident in my real self,  and also showed me how to pray and pay close attention.

Donnie doesn´t hand you the thunder. You are the one who has to reclaim it for yourself or you will miss it. So better to pay attention or one can miss some important changes for ones own life.

I was not sure on the first day, I expected physical work and then everything was very chill, people sitting and asking questions and listening. For the first two days it was hours of talks, lectures and stories and the discussions became very deep. Once I really connected to his teachings I got an understanding of directing attention with the power of my mind and became more focused without even trying.

The way Donnie is teaching is very respectful, I never felt like he is trying to tell me where I have to go but rather showing me a possible way; and through that he explained the mystery that all these roads in the end are one in the same.

0 Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen